Monday, February 16, 2009

Neuronal Networks and Pacemakers

Just finished a short talk by a post-doctoral candidate. He spoke on neuronal networks. I missed the first ten minutes or so, but I THINK he was trying to make the point that there is a tendency in neuronal networks to self-correct. He was making a point regarding pacemakers--I think the implication was that there is, according to his MODEL (that's key), we may be able to use this natural tendency in neuronal networks to "clock" themselves internally (to keep time for lack of a better term) to develop an internal type pacemaker...

I'll need to digest it a bit.

There are, obviously, tangential correlations to the business realm (that is, people are nodes on the network; is there a naturally occurring tendency in that network to 'self-regulate' for time, given enough nodes, when something kicks it off kilter?).

OK. So, that's the first topic...I'm going to lunch now, but I'll discuss over lunch and come back post-lunch with what may be an expanded perspective.

Thoughts are welcome as to how this relates to business and networks of people...

No comments:

Post a Comment